By clicking this link, you can see a Picture presentation of 'Le Voltigeur du Ventoux"
"Le Voltigeur du Ventoux" is a complete house (80 m2) on the ground floor adjacent to the house of the owners.
Le Voltigeur is located on a domain of thirty-eight ares between vineyards and olive trees, with private swimming pool and with a panoramic view of Mont Ventoux and the Barronnies.
In the garden you will find plenty of shady spots to relax.
Our gîte is suitable for 5 persons.
- 1 bedroom with a large double bed (180m x 200m)
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds (90m x 210m) that can be converted into a comfortable double bed (180m x 210m). One large bed can be added in this room
- baby cot, baby bath, changing mat and highchair on request
- Kitchen and living room with 1 sofa bed (140m x 200m)
- free wifi, television
- Fully equipped Provencal-style kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, traditional oven, coffee machine (Senseo), dishwasher, toaster
- 1 bathroom with shower
- Separate toilet
- Laundry room with washing machine, drying rack, iron and ironing board
- Private and spacious swimming pool (12 x 6 m, min. 1 m and max. 2.1 m deep) with a view of the Ventoux. Completely renovated in 2020. We, Stef and Els, make sporadic and discreet use of the pool without disturbing the privacy of our guests.
- garden furniture and sun loungers, parasol and barbecue (gas)
- board games, books, boules
- spacious and safe private parking space for cars and bicycles
- private entrance and private terrace, free use of the spacious garden.
Our gîte is fully supplied with green energy, electricity generated by 36 solar panels.
Address: 94 Chemin des Essards, 84340 Entrechaux, France
Size: 80.0 m², 2 Rooms, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom
Beds: 2 Single beds, 1 Double bed, 1 Child bed, 1 Queen size bed, 1 King size bed, 1 Sofa bed, 1 Couch
Prices: 50 EUR - 150 EUR / Night
In connection with Corona:
Your safety is our priority, which is why we adhere to the following security measures:
- we comply with the distance measures during check-in and check-out
- we only use disinfectant cleaning agents against the corona virus
- we wash bed linen and towels according to the guidelines of the local authorities
- In the gîte there is disinfectant hand gel for your use
We personally don't like complicated rules and prohibition signs, especially when on vacation. We want to offer everyone a good holiday, also to the guests who come after you. That's why we ask all guests to:
- respect the beauty and tranquillity of the environment
- keep the impact on nature to a minimum. We don't waste energy and water and sort our waste
- comply with the sanitary rules (Covid)
- to keep the accommodation, the equipment, the swimming pool and the garden in a good and tidy condition. This means, among other things, that guests:
- smoking outside
- do not allow pets in the beds and use poop bags for their pets when necessary
- do not eat poolside.
To allow us to optimally prepare your stay for you, we need some time, therefore:
- check-in from 4:00 pm
- check-out before 10:00 am
Maximum capacity: 5 people
The price includes:
- Sheets and towels (set of small and large towel per person)
- final cleaning (please clear the breakfast table in the morning on departure and put the dishes in the dishwasher)
- welcome set (a starting amount of soap, toilet paper, washing-up cubes, coffee pads) and hand gel
You can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 14 days before your arrival.
If you cannot show up due to force majeure due to COVID measures, a 100% refund will be made.
You will have to pay 50% of the total amount of the reservation if you cancel within 7 days of arrival.
Please note that the total amount of the reservation will be debited in the event of a no-show. If you do not show up at Voltigeur du Ventoux you will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
Upon arrival, we ask you for a deposit of € 300 which will only be cashed in the event of material damage to the accommodation.
Click here for Photos of Landscapes in the nearby area
The nearest village of Entrechaux can be reached on foot from our gite. Entrechaux offers everything you need in terms of amenities:
- 4 restaurants, a bistrot and a café
- a post office and a tourist office
- a bakery
- a mini-market with butcher shop, catering service and fresh vegetables.
Supermarkets (Aldi, Lidl, Super U and Intermarché) in Vaison la Romaine (8 km), in Malaucène there is a Super U and a pharmacy.
Wide choice of restaurants and pizzerias in the surrounding villages.
TGV station Avignon at 50 min drive (55 km) Marseille airport 120 km, Montpellier 140 km, Nimes 85 km.
When you say Ventoux, you immediately think of cycling. But there is much more than climbing the giant of Provence. Just think of the gorges de la Nesque and the gorges of the Toulerenc, les Dentelles de Montmirailles and the Baronnies.
Our gite is located on the famous mountain bike trail of the Vaucluse. You can exercise your calf muscles here in every season of the year.
But hikers, joggers and trail runners also get their money's worth here. Plenty of choice for day trips or shorter distances.
A 10-minute walk takes you to the natural climbing wall of the gorges des 3Rivières. By car you are 15 minutes on the cliffs of St Légér du Ventoux and Buis les Baronnies, an adrenaline rush guaranteed!
Horse riding is possible during the summer months in the Ranch of les 3 Rivières, again within walking distance of our gite. Or in Vaison la Romaine in le Palis.
Paddle or fish in the Ouvèze or the Toulourenc on foot 1.5 km away.
Gastronomy and wine
In addition, Entrechaux has 4 beautiful wine estates, each of which is worth visiting for a 'degustation'; Oncle Ernest (organic wines), Champ-Long, Talès, Le Mas Flauzières. Those who want to taste more wines are spoiled for choice, just to name a few; Vaison la Romaine, Gigondas, Vacqueras, Beaume de Venise, and of course Chateauneuf du Pape.
Every day of the week there is a provencal market in some neighboring village with local products and artisan objects. On Wednesday morning in Malaucène, on Tuesday and Saturday morning in Vaison-La-Romaine. During the winter period, the truffle market in Richerenches and the olive market in Nyons are recommended.
If you prefer culture, dive into history with a visit to the Gallor Roman excavations at Vaison la Romaine. Or go to Orange with its beautiful amphitheater. Not to mention Avignon with its festival and rich history.
For the kids, the adventure park 'Parc Avonture Oxygene' in Vaison la Romaine is certainly worthwhile. Or why not experience a day of crazy water fun at Wave Island in Avignon, or would you rather opt for the Spirou theme park, just next to the Wave island?
This list is not exhaustive. We speak 4 languages (Nl, Fr, Eng, German) and are happy to provide tips and help with planning excursions and activities in the area on request.